CURRENTLY BEING UPDATED
The Orthopaedic Institute has funded several new research projects during 2013 – 2015. The Research Panel meet on a quarterly basis to evaluate projects based on time, available resources and costings.
Examples of departments/projects considered for funding over the last year include:
Department for Rheumatology and metabolic medicine
- Rheumatology research
- Metabolic medicine and bone
- The Centre for inherited Neuromuscular Disease (CIND)
- The Orthotic Research and Locomotor Assessment Unit (ORLAU)
Joint Surgery and Cell Therapies
- Cartilage Research Group
- Cell Therapy for Osteoarthritis
Biomechanics and Orthopaedic Interventions
- Fused Ankle Shoe Study (FAST)
- Pilot Study to evaluate negative pressure wound therapy
Spinal Studies Research Group
- Inducing bone production in the degenerate intervertebral disc: an alternative to invasive fusion procedures?
The Orthopaedic Institute has continued to support consultants, registrars, nurses, physiotherapists and academic staff with fellowships to further their research in the UK and abroad, it has also supported visitors bringing their expertise to our research departments.
For further information please contact the Institute Administrator: